Americas Society and Council of the Americas (AS/COA) are sister organizations providing the most trusted forum for debate on issues affecting the Western Hemisphere. Headquartered in New York City, AS/COA also has offices in Washington and Miami and holds high-level events across the United States and Latin America.
AS/COA seeks an associate to edit and produce multimedia content, as well as to work as part of the organizations’ digital team assisting with website updates, producing editorial content, and supporting social media strategy. The person must be detail-oriented and able to manage competing demands and deadlines across departments, as well as have knowledge of current events taking place in Latin America. The position is based in New York.
- Recording, editing, and posting videos and podcasts as required, as well as other multimedia content.
- Serving as a producer for live webcasting of events overseeing logistics internally across departments and with external vendors to ensure seamless, high-quality broadcasts and digital programming.
- Producing or overseeing production of graphics, particularly for digital events and streams, using tools such as Adobe Create Suite (Illustrator and Photoshop).
- Carrying out online tasks, from creating to editing web pages.
- Conducting photo research for images to accompany AS/COA content and events, providing photo selection and editing support to other departments, and creating slideshows.
- Supporting social media efforts, including promotion and livetweeting of events.
- Writing, editing, and copyediting web content such as explainers, updates, and infographics on Latin America and the Western Hemisphere for a business-oriented audience.
- BA in journalism, communications, international affairs, or relevant field required. Study of/familiarity with Latin America preferred.
- Two years minimum of related experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to digitize, edit, and export video content using Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere required. Video shooting using HDSLR cameras and audio capturing a plus.
- Experience with online media, editing, and updating web content. Knowledge of Drupal or similar content management system a plus.
- Experience working with streamed programming, social media video, and event production a plus.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics, audio editing, design tools such as Canva or Illustrator and infographic tools such as Infogram preferred.
- English-language writing/editing skills required. Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred, knowledge of Portuguese a plus.
- Experience with working on social media platforms and their use as a marketing tool preferred.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize deadlines accordingly.
To apply: Please submit via email a résumé and a cover letter describing why you are interested in and suited for the position, as well as 1–3 brief writing samples and/or an online portfolio with the subject line “Multimedia Associate, AS/COA Online" to Luisa Leme at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our employees are currently working a hybrid schedule each week, working three days in the office and two days remotely. All staff and visitors to the Americas Society are required to be vaccinated.
Americas Society/Council of the Americas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or citizenship status.
Americas Society (AS) is the premier forum dedicated to education, debate, and dialogue in the Americas. Its mission is to foster an understanding of the contemporary political, social, and economic issues confronting Latin America, the Caribbean, and Canada, and to increase public awareness and appreciation of the diverse cultural heritage of the Americas and the importance of the inter-American relationship.
Council of the Americas (COA) is the premier international business organization whose members share a common commitment to economic and social development, open markets, the rule of law, and democracy throughout the Western Hemisphere. The Council's membership consists of leading international companies representing a broad spectrum of sectors, including banking and finance, consulting services, consumer products, energy and mining, manufacturing, media, technology, and transportation.