We seek a professional to work closely with our President’s Office at our headquarters in New York City. Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design and implement comprehensive marketing strategies and coordinate organizational branding strategy across offices, initiatives, and teams
- Lead the Young Professionals of the Americas (YPA) initiative, including providing strategic direction on membership, sponsorship, marketing, and programming while managing a team of staff working part-time on YPA from NYC, DC, and Miami
- Manage all aspects of individual membership of the organization, including members of the Presidents Circle, Cultural Circle, Arts of the Americas Circle, and YPA
- Retain current individual members through regular engagement (correlated to level of membership)
- Develop innovative member recruitment and retention strategies including relationship building and marketing campaigns to increase the network of supporters for AS/COA
- Maintain accurate records and monitor membership in AS/COA’s database and analyze membership data to provide strategic recommendations
- Invoice and send acknowledgement letters for all members in Presidents Circle, Arts of the Americas Circle, and YPA Steering Committee
- Assist with fundraising campaigns, including annual drives and special events
- Graduate degree in marketing, business, sales, or a related field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to organize marketing and membership data, analyze results to provide useful insight, and implement strategic actions
- Leader who connects well with all types of people, strong interpersonal skills, ability to multitask and work under demanding time constraints in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Strong computer competency, particularly with databases (Fonteva, Raiser’s Edge) and virtual meeting platforms (Cisco Webex, Microsoft Teams, Google Hangouts). Experience with graphic design software a plus.
- Self-starter, takes initiative with new projects
- A positive attitude and creative approach to membership development
- Knowledge of Spanish and/or Portuguese a plus
The position offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package including an excellent health and dental plan, vacation, and generous 401(k) retirement plan.
To apply, please e-mail Cara Caponi at email@example.com and include a resume, cover letter, and relevant writing sample (max 1 page). No phone calls please. Please note that only those candidates who are considered for an interview will be contacted.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our employees are currently working a hybrid schedule each week, working three days in the office and two days remotely. All staff and visitors to the Americas Society are required to be vaccinated.
Americas Society/Council of the Americas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or citizenship status.
Americas Society (AS) is the premier forum dedicated to education, debate, and dialogue in the Americas. Its mission is to foster an understanding of the contemporary political, social, and economic issues confronting Latin America, the Caribbean, and Canada, and to increase public awareness and appreciation of the diverse cultural heritage of the Americas and the importance of the inter-American relationship.
Council of the Americas (COA) is the premier international business organization whose members share a common commitment to economic and social development, open markets, the rule of law, and democracy throughout the Western Hemisphere. The Council's membership consists of leading international companies representing a broad spectrum of sectors, including banking and finance, consulting services, consumer products, energy and mining, manufacturing, media, technology, and transportation.