Americas Society/Council of the Americas (AS/COA) seeks a talented and dynamic individual to support the efforts of our Corporate Relations and Sponsorship team. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, an effective communicator, and an excellent writer, among other attributes.
Principal responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the preparation of all sponsorship marketing material, sales pitches, and proposals, in addition to maintaining said materials so they are up-to-date and ready for distribution to sponsors, members, and prospects.
- Work alongside the Director of Sponsorships and Programs to ensure corporate sponsors get value from participation in supported programs and that benefits are delivered.
- Prepare all pre- and post-event communications to all sponsors.
- Prepare and submit all AS/COA invoices, serving as the point of contact for any billing and compliance questions from corporate sponsors and members.
- Manage financial collection and follow-up on all outstanding invoices. Assist in developing corporate sponsorship and membership strategy to meet annual budget.
- Prepare company profiles, activity reports, and other relevant materials to support department staff. Maintain up-to-date constituent records in the organization’s database.
- Perform market research on current and prospective corporate members. Perform other administrative duties to support the senior team in Corporate Relations and Sponsorship.
The candidate is expected to be a strong team player who can balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. Interest in Latin American politics, economics, and business is necessary. Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Written and spoken Spanish at an advanced business level required. Portuguese is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite required
- Knowledge of Salesforce (Fonteva), Mailchimp, Canva, and/or other CRM platforms is desirable
- Knowledge of content design a plus
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our employees are currently working a hybrid schedule each week, with three days spent in the office and two days remotely. All staff and visitors to AS/COA are required to be vaccinated.
AS/COA offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience, as well as outstanding benefits including an excellent health and dental plan, vacation, and a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Americas Society/Council of the Americas is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or citizenship status.
Application Submission: Please send your cover letter and resume with “Associate, Sponsorship & Corporate Relations” in the subject line to Ragnhild Melzi at email@example.com. Note that only those candidates who will be considered for an interview will be contacted