The Americas Society/Council of the Americas (AS/COA) are organizations whose members share a common commitment to economic development, free trade, the rule of law, and democracy throughout the Western Hemisphere.
We are seeking a professional to work closely with our programs team at our headquarters in New York City. This position has a specific focus on Brazil but the position is not limited to that.
The principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conceive and organize economic and policy programs concerning issues of interest to our corporate members across the Western Hemisphere, particularly Brazil.
- Manage all related administrative and logistical aspects of public policy program planning, including preparing and following up with invitations, registering participants, and managing in-person or virtual programs.
- Stay up to date on regional trends and Brazil-specific information.
- Liaise with Brazilian government officials, individual, and corporate members of Americas Society/Council of the Americas, and other constituents involved in Western Hemispheric affairs.
- Support sponsorship and corporate relations tasks, such as record keeping, preparing communication materials, and maintaining relationships with corporate members and sponsors.
- Support projects and initiatives of the COA’s Washington and Miami offices related to Brazil and the region.
- B.A. or graduate degree in Latin American Studies, economics, political science, or other related topic.
- Fluency in Portuguese. Knowledge of Spanish a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Latin American economics and politics, especially Brazil.
- Excellent writing and communication in English and Portuguese.
- Computer skills, particularly use of databases (Salesforce), virtual platforms (Webex, Zoom, Microsoft Teams), and design platform Canva.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player, ability to multi-task and work under demanding time constraints in a fast-paced, multicultural environment.
Our employees are currently working a hybrid schedule each week, with three days spent in the office and two days remotely. All staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Depending on programming, employees may need to come in more than three days a week when the workflow necessitates it.
AS/COA offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience, as well as outstanding benefits including an excellent health and dental plan, vacation, and a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Qualified candidates must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered.
AS/COA is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or citizenship status.
Salary range for this position is $60k–$65k.
To apply: Please email Ragnhild Melzi at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “COA Associate Position January 2023” and include resume, cover letter in English, and relevant writing sample in Portuguese (max 1 page).
No phone calls please. Please note that only those candidates who are considered for an interview will be contacted.