Americas Society/Council of the Americas (AS/COA) are organizations whose members share a common commitment to economic development, free trade, the rule of law, and democracy throughout the Western Hemisphere. We seek an associate to work closely with our Programs team to create and monitor all aspects of public policy programs for members and constituents.
- Conceive and organize economic and policy programs concerning issues of interest to our corporate members and constituents across the Western Hemisphere.
- Manage all related administrative and logistical aspects of public policy program planning, including preparing and following up with invitations, registering participants, and managing in-person or virtual programs.
- Collaborate with other departments as well as with corporate members in the execution of large-scale events both in the United States and Latin America.
- Stay up to date on current regional trends, new policy developments and their implications for businesses, and relevant country-specific information.
- Liaise and grow relationships with Latin American government officials, individual and corporate members of the Americas Society and the Council of the Americas, press, and other constituents involved in Western Hemispheric affairs.
- Create formal presentation materials for meetings and speaking engagements.
- Support projects and initiatives of AS/COA’s Washington and Miami offices.
- B.A. or graduate degree in Latin American studies, economics, political science, or related field.
- Fluency in Spanish. Knowledge of Portuguese a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Latin American economics and politics.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Computer competency, particularly with databases (Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge), virtual meeting platforms (Cisco Webex, Microsoft Teams, Google Hangouts), and Canva.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to be a team player, capacity to multitask and work under demanding time constraints in a fast-paced, multicultural environment.
Compensation: Competitive salary as well as an outstanding benefits package including an excellent health and dental plan, vacation and generous 401(k) plan.
Application Submission: Please email Ragnhild Melzi at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “COA Programs Associate Position August 2021” and include a resume, cover letter, and relevant writing sample (max. 1 page). Please note that only those candidates who are considered for an interview will be contacted.
Our employees are currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We expect to return to our office at 680 Park Avenue in September. All staff at Americas Society will be required to be vaccinated upon returning to the office.
Americas Society/Council of the Americas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or citizenship status.
Americas Society (AS) is the premier forum dedicated to education, debate, and dialogue in the Americas. Its mission is to foster an understanding of the contemporary political, social, and economic issues confronting Latin America, the Caribbean, and Canada, and to increase public awareness and appreciation of the diverse cultural heritage of the Americas and the importance of the inter-American relationship.
Council of the Americas (COA) is the premier international business organization whose members share a common commitment to economic and social development, open markets, the rule of law, and democracy throughout the Western Hemisphere. The Council's membership consists of leading international companies representing a broad spectrum of sectors, including banking and finance, consulting services, consumer products, energy and mining, manufacturing, media, technology, and transportation.