Americas Society/Council of the Americas (“AS/COA”) are organizations whose members share a common commitment to economic development, free trade, the rule of law, and democracy throughout the Western Hemisphere. Learn more. We seek a professional to work closely with our Programs team at our headquarters in New York City.
Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conceive and organize economic and policy programs concerning issues of interest to our corporate members and constituents across the Western Hemisphere.
- Manage all related administrative and logistical aspects of public policy program planning, including preparing and following up with invitations, registering participants, and managing in-person or virtual programs.
- Stay up-to-date on current regional trends and country-specific information.
- Liaise with Latin American government officials, individual and corporate members of the Americas Society and the Council of the Americas, press, and other constituents involved in Western Hemispheric affairs.
- Support projects and initiatives of AS/COA’s Washington and Miami offices.
Necessary qualifications for this position are:
- B.A. or graduate degree in Latin American studies, economics, political science, or a related field.
- Fluency in Spanish. Knowledge of Portuguese a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Latin American economics and politics.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Computer competency, particularly with databases (Fonteva, Raiser’s Edge), virtual meeting platforms (Cisco Webex, Microsoft Teams, Google Hangouts), and Canva.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to be a team player, capacity to multitask and work under demanding time constraints in a fast-paced, multicultural environment.
The position offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package, and 401K profit sharing.
Our employees are currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We expect employees to come to the office starting in September. All staff at Americas Society will be required to be vaccinated upon returning to the office.
To apply, please e-mail Ragnhild Melzi at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “COA Associate Position May 2021” and include a resume, cover letter, and relevant writing sample (max 1 page).
No phone calls please. Please note that only those candidates who are considered for an interview will be contacted.
Americas Society/Council of the Americas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or citizenship status.