Americas Society/Council of the Americas (“AS/COA”) are organizations whose members share a common commitment to economic development, free trade, the rule of law, and democracy throughout the Western Hemisphere. Learn more. We seek an associate to support the Corporate Relations team in all corporate membership efforts.
Principal responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare, maintain, and reconcile COA financial reports, reporting to the Vice President and CFO.
- Prepare and forward all COA invoices, serving as the point of contact for any billing and compliance questions from corporate members.
- Manage collection efforts and follow-up on all outstanding invoices.
- Aid in developing corporate membership strategy, in order to meet annual membership budget.
- Prepare reports package for Membership Committee and Annual General Meetings, and draft communication materials such as letters and presentations.
- Prepare company profiles, activity reports, and other relevant materials to support department staff.
- Establish and maintain effective relations with corporate members to gauge interests and provide updates on relevant initiatives, as well as strategically engage in AS/COA programs.
- Maintain up-to-date constituent records in organization’s database.
- The candidate is expected to be a self-starter and strong team player who can balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. Interest in Latin American politics, economics, and business is necessary. Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, along with strong interpersonal skills and strong analytical skills.
- Written and spoken Spanish at an advanced business level, Portuguese a plus.
- An understanding of subscription/membership models, experience in direct marketing desirable.
- Highly organized, resourceful and able to prioritize among competing demands.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Competence in MS Office Suite, especially Power Point and Excel.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce (Fonteva), Mailchimp, Canva, and/or other CRM platforms is desirable.
- Knowledge of content design a plus.
Competitive salary as well as an outstanding benefits package including an excellent health and dental plan, vacation, and a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Please send your cover letter and resume with “Associate, Corporate Relations” in the subject line to Ragnhild Melzi at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that only those candidates who will be considered for an interview will be contacted.
Our employees are currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We expect to return to our office at 680 Park Avenue in September. All staff at Americas Society will be required to be vaccinated upon returning to the office.
Council of the Americas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or citizenship status.
Americas Society (AS) is the premier forum dedicated to education, debate, and dialogue in the Americas. Its mission is to foster an understanding of the contemporary political, social, and economic issues confronting Latin America, the Caribbean, and Canada, and to increase public awareness and appreciation of the diverse cultural heritage of the Americas and the importance of the inter-American relationship.
Council of the Americas (COA) is the premier international business organization whose members share a common commitment to economic and social development, open markets, the rule of law, and democracy throughout the Western Hemisphere. The Council's membership consists of leading international companies representing a broad spectrum of sectors, including banking and finance, consulting services, consumer products, energy and mining, manufacturing, media, technology, and transportation.