After four years of exponential growth and success in the United States, AS/COA’s Young Professionals of the Americas (YPA) network is expanding to the region and traveling for the first time to Mexico City. Following the recent natural disasters in Latin America and the Caribbean, with a focus on Mexico’s earthquakes, this event will convene tech companies, civil society, and government leaders to discuss preparedness, crisis response, and post-disaster policy considerations. This multi-stakeholder panel will provide a unique platform to discuss the implications of recent natural disasters and strategies to increase resilience and response capacity in future crises. The launch event, in partnership with Google Mexico and COMEXI Young Professionals, will bring together young professionals and will be followed by a networking reception.
- Jorge Balderrama, Public Policy, AirBnB Mexico @jbalderramar
- Maria Cristina Capelo, Public Policy, Facebook @mccapelo
- Simón Levy Dabbah, Chief Executive Officer, PROCDMX; COMEXI expert @SimonLevyMx
- Arnoldo Matus Kramer, Chief Resilience Officer Mexico City, 100 Resilient Cities @arnoldomatus
- Lina Ornelas, Head of Public Policy & Government Affairs, Google Mexico @googlemexico
- Hugo Rodríguez Nicolat, Director of Public Policy, Twitter Mexico @HugoRodriguezN
- Sebastian Sposito, Public Policy and Government Relations Senior Analyst, @googlemexico
- James J. Stranko, Chairman, Young Professionals of the Americas @extranjero
- Alana Tummino, Executive Director, Young Professionals of the Americas; Senior Director of Policy, AS/COA @AlanaTummino
- Carlos Valdés González, General Director, CENAPRED
- Enrique Zapata, General Director for Open Data, National Digital Strategy, Office of the President of Mexico @Enrique_Za
*Additional speakers to be confirmed.
This event is complimentary but registration is required. Space is limited.
The event will be held in Spanish.
To RSVP, contact: Adan Toledo at firstname.lastname@example.org | 1-212-277-8387
YPA is an international network that provides a platform for young professionals in their 20s and 30s to connect around the latest trends in the Americas through its New York City and Miami chapters. Not a member? Join YPA today.
6:00 – 6:15 p.m. Registration & Reception
6:15 – 6:20 p.m. Welcome and Introductory Remarks
6:20 p.m. – 6:40 p.m. Fireside Chat
Twenty minute moderated conversation on preparedness, crisis response, economic impact, post-disaster policy considerations.
6:40 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Panel
Rising leaders from tech companies, civil society, and government discuss what the public and private sector are doing in crisis response and relief.
7:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Q&A and Post-Discussion Networking