In collaboration with:
Venezuela has descended deeper into political and economic crisis with the government’s increasing repression and violation of democratic norms to maintain power. As opposition leaders and the Venezuelan public struggle to protect their constitutional rights, insecurity along with continued scarcity of food and basic goods are prompting many to flee the country. The deteriorating situation in Venezuela could become one of the Trump administration’s first major foreign policy crises.
Americas Society/Council of the Americas and the American Enterprise Institute will hold a discussion on challenges and opportunities for recovery and democratic restoration in Venezuela.
- Luis Almagro, Secretary General, Organization of American States @Almagro_OEA2015
- Eric Farnsworth, Vice President, Americas Society/Council of the Americas @ericfarns
- Patrick D. Duddy, Former U.S. Ambassador to Venezuela; Director, Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies, Duke University
- Hannah Dreier, Venezuela Correspondent, Associated Press @hannahdreier
- Roger Noriega, Visiting Researcher, American Enterprise Institute @rogernoriegaUSA
- Antonio Mora, Journalist and former Anchor, Al Jazeera America (moderator) @AMoraTV
To register: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RSVP no later than 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 23.