Council of the Americas and the Inter-American Development Bank invite you to a seminar on sports for development. This event will bring together stakeholders from the public, private, and non-profit sectors who are united by a common goal to promote economic and social development through sports in Latin America. By incorporating the diverse views and experiences of innovative leaders in this field, we will be able to engage in a lively discussion related to sports development in the region, what strategies work, how successes have been measured, and how additional partnerships can strengthen these initiatives.
- Josep Cortada, Director General, Fundaciò FC Barcelona
- Verónica Escobar, Vicepresidente Ejecutiva, FUDELA
- David Flynn, Program Manager, Laureus USA
- Kirk Friedrich, Co-founder and Executive Director, Grassroots Soccer
- Mark Griffin, CEO, PlayRugby USA
- Mauricio Heredia, Director General, Fundación Rafa Marquez
- Marco Llinas, Public Affairs and Communication Manager, Coca-Cola Colombia
- Jimmy Lynn, Managing Partner, JLynn Associates
- Caitlin Morris, Senior Director for North America, Access to Sport, Nike, Inc.
- Shellie Pfohl, Executive Director, President’s Council on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition
- Diego Ruiz, Vice President of Global Public Policy and Government Affairs, PepsiCo
- Alejandra Villafuerte, Directora de Implementación de Programas, Save the Children International
- Bernardo Guillamon, Manager, Office of Outreach and Partnerships, Inter-American Development Bank (Opening Remarks)
- Eric Farnsworth, Vice President, Americas Society/Council of the Americas (Opening Remarks)
The seminar is an integral part of the GOLS for Development photography exhibition, which will be on display at the IDB Cultural Center’s Gallery to highlight historic pictures of world-known soccer figure, Pelé as well as photographs and videos featuring IDB-financed sports for development projects in Latin America and the Caribbean.
To Register: Please email us at email@example.com.
Please RSVP no later than 3:00 p.m. the day before the event.