The Emerging and Sustainable Cities Initiative of the Inter-American Development Bank and AS/COA present the launch of the Winter 2014 issue of Americas Quarterly entitled “Our Cities, Our Future: Making Cities Healthy, Green, and Sustainable.” With over 80 percent of its population living in cities, our hemisphere is facing the challenges of rapid urbanization, pollution, and climate change. What are our cities doing to adapt to climate change, improve livability, and become more socially integrated?
Join policymakers, scholars, and representatives from the private sector to discuss how cities are working to improve transportation, governance, the urban environment, and the quality of life for their cities, as well as the role of multilateral governments, NGOs, and businesses in this new field.
- Gustavo Arnavat, United States Executive Director at Inter-American Development Bank.
- Abha Joshi-Ghani, Director for Knowledge Exchange and Learning (WBIKL), World Bank Institute
- Ellis Juan, General Coordinator, Emerging and Sustainable Cities Initiative, Inter-American Development Bank
- Michael Sorkin, Director, Graduate Program in Urban Design, City College of New York
- Tim Docking, Lead, Emerging Markets Funding (EMF) Group IBM Public Sector
- Christopher Sabatini, Editor in Chief, Americas Quarterly; Senior Director, Policy, Americas Society/Council of the Americas (Moderator)
Registration Fee: This event is complimentary for all registrants. Space is limited, prior registration is required. Spanish interpretation is available.
Registration is NOT required to view the webcast.
Copies of the Winter 2014 Americas Quarterly issue will be available.
Event Information: Carolina Ramirez | email@example.com | 212-277-8363
Press: Adriana La Rotta | firstname.lastname@example.org | 1-212-277-8384
Cancellation: Contact Juan Serrano-Badrena at email@example.com before 3:00 p.m. on Monday, February 24, 2014.